Friday, October 12, 2007

wow it's cold

I must say, it is no longer 80 degrees in Beckley, in fact the high yesterday was 48 which considering wednesday was 80 is a major change. But it is suppose to get warm again next week, in other words it is that time of year when the weather likes to keep us on our toes.

So yesterday was a sad sad day, my car is done. I went to drive to a movie which i was super excited to see (Sydney White--it was actually really cute and I really enjoyed it, i went by myself and had the entire theatre to myself) ok so on the way to the movies i realized that my car was having trouble getting up to the speed limit which was 45, in fact i couldn't even get it to 40, and from there the rest of the trip consisted of me thinking, oh no my car is going to die and i am going to be stuck in the middle of the road and that is so not something i want to do. I think that by the time I got to the movies my car came to a stop without any help from me, it kind of just rolled to a stop. Now if you haven't read the blog a few weeks back about my relationship with my car, I encourage you to do so...he is my best friend, my car has been with me for 10 years, and those have been hard years, with lots of transition and death and turmoil and loneliness, and the one constant the entire time has been my car. I know it sounds silly, but i truly consider my car to be my best friend because he has been with me through more things than anyone else alive.

But anyway, i called Jay who was on his way to class to tell him i needed him to pick me up on his way back so i went to the movie and then walked in the cold to kohls and hung out there buying some stuff including lots and lots of cards ( i love card shopping). So Jay picked me up and dropped me off at home so he could get to work so we couldn't try to get the car home until 10, which we did we waited til the traffic was miniscule so if it did die we wouldn't create a news worthy traffic backup. We got him home and he is now in the driveway not to be driven again until we go and buy a new car.

It is going to be really hard, I always told myself I would keep KB forever, i would even allow him to stay in the front yard if need be, i always promised him that i wouldn't ditch him, but i think the deal was that he would never ditch me either, and well yesterday i definitely felt ditched. It is sad, i'm sorry but 10 years is a long time. I was in high school when i got him. But it is time, he has driven me to college and to visit my dad and eventually his funeral and to grad school, to my internship, to meeting jay, to my wedding, to picking up baxter from spca, to moving to my first home and my first real job. We have traveled 130,040 miles together we have celebrated, and cried, we have hung out with friends, seen some great movies at the drive in, we have driven to the mountains and the beach, from albany to philly so many times. He will always be my favorite car, for how could another car compare, the memories just won't be the same, but now that life is at a different point, perhaps a new car is just what is needed to symboloize all of the things that are to come, all of the new memories i will create with a car...but KB will always live on in my heart as my confidant and friend.

I will begin looking for pictures, just to allow this crazed reaction to go further but for now...that's all i got...

No comments: