Tuesday, October 23, 2007

a sad sad sad day

well today was the day...today i said goodbye to my old and faithful friend KB. There was no other option. This morning Jay and I cleaned him out and took some pictures (they are still on the camera) and we drove him for the last time to the car dealership where we traded him in. I feel like such a trader a benedict arnold, it feels horrible to know i just brought my car to the people who will probably turn him into scrap metal, for me it was much like the idea of bringing an animal to be put down...how horrible to do to something that has been so good to you...but there was no longer any option. And I am trying to be excited about our new car, but I'm not, I am too sad about losing KB...I really did cry when I said goodbye, I cried as we left the lot, it was so horrible. I'm having trouble functioning today...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm so sorry it was so hard. i'll be sad with you so you're not sad by yourself! :) can you think of an adventure to do w/ your new car? some sort of bonding thing!? Like - go get lost somewhere, or a nice long drive looking at the leaves.. or... ya, i'm out of car bonding ideas!!