Ok so we didn't go to cape may but frankly I prefer sea isle city. Jay and I had a wonderful weekend. We left from the WV on Thursday and got into Philly around 1:30am it took forever to get there, I don't know why it just did. So a lot of our Friday got rearranged, we didn't get to see anybody on Friday which was sad, well ok Jay got to see some people but that's about it. We got into town and went to bed, woke up somewhat early on Friday and went to dunkin donuts (yummy) and brought some breakfast over to the Adams' and hung out with them for a bit, and then we went to target just for the fun of it. After that Jay dropped me off at the mall so I could get my nails done (YIPPIE) while he went to work and said hey to the guys. After that we grabbed lunch at Bertuccis, and headed to the shore.
We got into the shore around 4 and just settled in until Jay's parents arrived and we had dinner and took a walk to see if the water was still there. Anna (Jay's sister) was arriving late Friday night and there was no way i could stay up, I think I was asleep by 9:30pm and didn't wake up until sometime around 10am on Saturday, I was out. But we woke on Saturday, hung out at the house for a bit then it was off to the beach for us...it was a perfect beach day, we were a little afriad that our only beach weekend would be rainy and miserable, but it was actually perfect, the sky was blue, the temperature was warm and the water was fantastic. You couldn't ask for a better beach weekend. So we hung out on Saturday and Sunday.
My friend Cheryl was able to make the trip to the shore on Sunday so it was great to spend a wonderful beach day with her as well. We just relaxed it was a weekend with nothing planned and nothing that had to be done, it was fantastic. It was great to see Jay's family, it was a little sad to realize it would be the last time the family would be together at the beach for 2 years, especially since Jay's family has always had so much beach time together, so it was a bitter sweet goodbye. Anna and Cheryl left Sunday afternoon. Monday we got up and had a leisurely morning and a quick trip to the water and the bay, and then we hit the road at noon.
Our trip home was interupted by a quick stop it gettysburg to see Steve and have a yummy dinner at Friendly's. It was a three hour break from the road, and we pulled into our driveway sometime after midnight, it was the longest trip. I don't know how Jay does it, but he manages to stay awake and alert while driving the whole trip, and I seem to get in the car and fall fast asleep.
So all in all a wonderful weekend and we are both now back in the groove of things, I am at work with my first campus ministry bible study tonight and Jay has already had a class and is off to work. It was a fantastic weekend filled with lots of sleep, and fun and family and friends, and now it is time to begin the fall...hopefully next time we head to philly we will get to see some more people...but i think the trip was what it was suppose to be, a chance to rejuvinate and prepare for Septemeber, so yippie for being back and ready to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment