Wow two logs in one week, what is the world coming to? It has been a quiet week, well in some respects, in other ways it has been insane. Jay has been somewhat busy with school, he has his first test this week and thinks it went well. Work is slow for him, which means it is slow for the paycheck too, which is a little frustrating but we'll figure something out soon.
Church has been fairly busy this week. Granted I think any week where I am at church three nights that week makes it a long week, it doesn't matter how many hours, just the fact that i was at church until 8 at night makes it seem longer. But some things are well underway, Sunday school started last Sunday at went well, and youth group starts this Sunday, loads of fun. I have been experimenting with a high school girls small group and seem to be spending more time trying to figure out when a good time to meet will be, we have now changed the day and time 4 times. College stuff is starting off really slow. Trying to figure out what to offer and when, and which students I'm trying to reach and if they are even on campus when i'm trying to do stuff, it has just been a lot of trial and error and i'm not one to get discouraged if no one shows up, but it just takes a lot of work to not get discouraged everytime no one shows up. But I'm gonna try some new stuff and try to reach different people and from there we will go.
Other than that life has been slow. We are still trying to figure out the new car thing, which is especially important now that my little neon has hit 130,000 miles which happened this morning. You have to understand, my car is my best friend, he has been there for me at times in my life when no one else was, he has traveled some of the most difficult journeys with me, he was there when i graduated from high school, and college and grad school, he has moved with me many times, he drove me to my wedding, he was my escape from my house senior year, and he has never left me stranded. It will be a hard day when it is time to say good bye, it sounds silly, but he is my best friend because he was there before most of my current good friends, he was there when I really needed a friend, I have shed more tears in his company than anyone elses, he has heard some of my finest after the moment arguments with people (you know the ones you have with yourself after you left the person). There will never be another KB, but KB is getting really old, and he just doesn't have the strenght to drive the long trips to Philly or Nisky, he doesn't have it in him to even show me what speed we are going most of the time, or for the air conditioner to work, and he definitely no longer has it in him to sit in idle for more than 30 seconds without starting to overheat. And yes all of these things are fixable, but I think it is time.
Ok so I have no idea how I got on that tangent but oh well I did. But the main thing stopping us from getting a new car is that we simply can't afford a car payment at the moment, my college loan repayment just went up because the two year gradual payments have ceased, I am now suppose to have a real job with real money that can pay the twice as much a month payment, which brings student loan payments up to 657 dollars a month, yippie!!!! So that's where we are...
1 comment:
I understand about trying to find the right day and to meet on.. i've had to change programs several times b/c no one can come! It frustrates the heck out of me!!!
My mazda is at about 122 thousand miles.. it's crazy! but it keeps plugging away.. so i keep driving it!
Have a good Saturday!
Post a Comment