Thursday, June 26, 2008

Janice's birthday adventures

Another year older am I. It was definitely not a typical birthday...here's a little run down on the day... slept on the couch cause the temperature downstairs was a little nicer, woke early to go to the lab for my glucose test, got there at 7:30 chugged the mcdonalds orange soda wanna be drink and went home for a bit. Returned around 8:30 to have blood drawn, always a fun adventure (granted the bruise isn't nearly as bad as normal).

After the lab we walked over to the doctor for our 8:40 appointment, got weighed, at 28 weeks I have gained 8 pounds, i'll take it. Blood pressure was good. Baby's heart rate was 150. And my belly measured at 32 weeks, hmmm. Oh well. We asked some questions and then for the super fun Rhogam shot. Definitely a joy, a shot in the lower back which hurts for the entire like 45 seconds to administer, I got a little woozy after that, but considering what my body had been through, makes sense. As the rhogam went through my body i could feel it working its way around it was odd. I then got my little card that i have to carry with me at all times, just in case of an emergency and blood might mix, oh well.

It was then finally time for breakfast, now considering for my pregnancy i have been unable to get down the stairs to get breakfast each day, i was definitely hurting. SO Jay and I went to have breakfast, and then home for a short bit of time to lay down before having to prep for a funeral. At 11:30 we headed to the funeral home, i chatted with the family for a bit and then prepared to do the service. After the service around 2, Jay and I got to go eat lunch... and then he went to work and i rested for a bit before going to work to lead the adult bible study. I got away with no one ther knowing it was my birthday...always an interesting thing. We talked about justice and then on for the birthday part of the day...

At 8 i met up with some friends at applebees for dinner...it took so long to get our food that jay was even able to join us to eat after he got out of work at 9. It was a fun night. And then it was home for sleepy time. And for the first time in weeks, i actually slept!!!!!

So all in all a good day, just very different. Thanks for all the birthday wishes...and happy end of June!!!!!

No comments: