So this is Jay, blogging for the first time, after an incredible few days. As all of you know, Janice was pregnant and due to give birth on September 14th, a date which came and went without any sort of inclination that the baby would arrive any time soon. Janice had her weekly appointment on Wednesday, September 17th, and we were really hoping for some encouraging news, but were really kind of expecting to hear that still nothing was happening. Well something happened, but not really in the way we thought it would, (like it ever does).
There we were, in the exam room, and sure enough there were no signs of impending labor, so the midwife says to get an ultrasound and come back on Monday. At this point Janice points out that her blood pressure was a little high, and the midwife checks the chart and sees a steady rise in Janice's blood pressure thoughout the whole pregnancy. This causes a change of plan: the midwife say to get and ultrasound and some blood work done and come back the next day.
We go straight over to the ultrasound lab, where the technician explains that while the baby looks fine, there are very low levels of amniotic fluid, so shes says to go straight back to the Obgyn, which we did, and upon hearing this news the midwife decides to send right over to the hospital so Janice can be induced.
So after sitting up in the hospital all night while they tried to get labor going, they decided that the baby was not responding well to the induced contractions, which led the doctor to believe that there was some sort of problem inside. At about 10:30 AM or so the made the annoucement that a c-section was necessary, and we got ready, and headed down to the OR where at 10:58 AM 9/18/08 Eleanor Hope emerged and breathed for the first time. She was 7 lbs 11 0z, 19 inches long and just perfect.
It is now Monday and everyone is home from the hospital and doing fine, although it will be a little while before Janice can do any sort of real activity. I am still trying to process everything, and make sure everyone is well cared for.
It was an amaing miracle, one that we had been waiting for for some time, but really we had no idea of just how incredible it would be. The little miracle sleeping for now in the next room.
4 comments:
Hey Janice, Its Irene, hang in there. I had a similar experience to my birth. I have to say I was one of my best and worst days of my life. I never expected a birth to be that painful but come with such joy at the same time. Hang in there its a slow process the healing but slowly you get there. Everyday there is great improvement. There are many websites that I have come across over the many months after my c-section that really encouraged me to pursue a natural birth for my second child. (-; I will be praying that there is a speedy recovery. God Bless. Enjoy the time with your new baby. Also there is something called a postpartum doula that is also helpful to help take care of you and your baby if you are really in alot of pain the first few weeks. ( i sure wish I knew about them when I struggled through the first few weeks. (-; )
Congratulations! I'm so happy that you are able to now hold your little girl in your arms :)... awesome stuff. I pray that your recovery is a lot smoother and quicker than you expect. Hang in there new momma!
Congratulations Janice & Jay! I am glad that all is well and that you are home with your little one. Here's to a speedy recovery and the changes that come with becoming parents. :)
Welcome, Ella! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Ella share's my sister's birthday!
Post a Comment