It has been a crazy week for us. It has been so nice to not feel like we are keeping secrets anymore. It was a hard 6 weeks for us to not shout out the news. But now that the news is out, friends have been wonderfully forgiving for it taking us so long to tell them...you guys really are awesome!
It took less than an hour after i talked with my mom for the first phone call to come in. News really does go around the Tryon clan quickly....But both Jay and I were very proud of the moms for keeping our secret for us...to our knowledge word did not get out before we were ready, and we thank them for that, it could not have been easy to not share the news.
So, the world knows we are pregnant, ok maybe not the world, but i think/i hope all those who needed to hear it from us have...hmmmm....
It was announced in church on Sunday, that was an odd feeling. adrian did it during prayer concerns time, and the noise that resulted is so hard to explain, there was this audible gasp and break out of applause all at the same time, but from different people....it was definitely a once in a life time moment.
And basically that is all that is going on. I'm still feeling kinda miserable, but at least I can get out of bed for a few minutes now before feeling sick....
So I guess details might be appreciated, like the when and how we found out stuff, that we have known for a while but haven't really shared....so this is the story.... it was January 6th, which is a day that I hold in my heart already, but I just had this feeling that something was different. It was a crazy busy day at church, so I had about 30 minutes to run home, so I did, and took a test, and was in complete shock when i saw two lines appear....Jay was at work, so during my next little break i ran to Hallmark. We had always talked about how i would eventually tell him, and there was something i had to buy.
There is a willow tree figurine of a pregnant woman, and that was how i was to tell Jay. I bought one and left it in my car, and sent him a text saying there was a present for him in the car, but to open in on his own. So he got off work and headed to church, for it was a busy night as well as busy day, and he opened it and came inside....and just gave me, are you serious kind of look, remembering that we were surrounded by people....
We got a moment a little later on, and he gave me the sweetest hug....
and that is basically our story....not too much to it, but there ya go...
2 comments:
did I tell you how excited I am for y'all....I'm excited Lindsey W
I love it! You all must have been busting out of your skins with excitement! I hope you're considering Buttercup for a name if it's a girl...I remember your wedding!
Post a Comment