Tuesday, November 6, 2007

november what a random month this will be

November is already off to an interesting beginning. I'm not really sure why I think that, it just feels that way. This whole first week of November has been long and busy and i'm ready for a nap. I must say though, the time change has been very different, for me the week later might actually be a good thing. I usually get so run down this time of the year, but so far, it hasn't been too bad, I have barely had time to notice that it is so dark so early. Who knows.

So what have we been up to since my last crazy blog fest? Well Jay is working the hours I'm not working and vice versa, which has been loads of fun. I think we got to eat dinner 1 day last week at a normal time. Most nights I do try to wait until he gets home at 9, and we have both also been all over the place at lunch time, so eatting together not going so well. But we have begun our craft series for the year. We visited Hobby Lobby, which if you have never heard of it before is a store, that as Jay put it could be the child of Michaels and JoAnnes, in other words a craft store like no other. It combines all the best features of all the major stores while also adding some of the random decorations you would find at tj max or target. A little crazy. We went last week and got all of our craft supplies to make this years round of christmas presents, and i gotta say the 50% sale they were having was quite lovely. So that is what we have been up to, along with working on a puzzle.

This week should be a little adventuresome. We decided that as long as we were parting with one car, we might as well part with both. So tomorrow "Chet" Jay's car is going to a new home, Aunt Steve's house (yes steve is a boy but that's just the way it goes, Uncle Mark and Aunt Steve, and yes, they are brothers) anyway. Steve said if we were ever going to get rid of Chet to give him a call, so we did, after of course talking to Jay's parents about available cars in their driveway. So we are getting Jay's grandma's car which is acutally a 1994 corolla, but has far less miles and wear and tare on it than Jay's car does, so we just thought it made more sense.

So newish cars all around, why not make the car insurance people crazy, it seems like a good idea. But I must say, I feel more grown up by having my new car than I felt after buying a house, it is a very odd feeling. Other than that not too much going on, we are very much looking forward to Thanksgiving, the opportunity to see friends and family and just to have a week off, I'm definitely ready for a week off, only this week and next week to go!!!!!!!!!

No comments: