Hey all, Jay and I have been keeping rather unbusy, our own fault of course. I have managed to have a few regular days off in the past week so we have obviously used the time as productively as possible, in fact one day we actually left the interior of the house to weed outside for about 20 minutes before we remembered why we were staying inside...it has been a little hot and humid, and i usually find it harder to breath in the humidity, so we stay inside. We have seen some good movies lately though, we went to see Hairspray which we thought was ok, and Stardust, which we actually enjoyed, we say HP again, and something else but I don't remember. But movies are awesome down here, the price would make any person living in a major city want to reach out and strangle us, if we go on my regular day off to the first showing of the day we can both go see the movie, and get popcorn, soda, water and candy and still not have spent $20. So it isn't breaking the bank to go just for the movie.
Isn't this an exciting post? I just thought I would post something since it has been a while, and i don't want people to stop coming by just because we have written in a while. So what else can I tell you? Jay starts classes next Monday night, which should be an adventure. I keep looking at the month of september and thinking it would be better to spend the month in hiding rather than trying to accomplish everything on my calendar. I preached this past week and I will again this coming week, definitely something new for me, 2 weeks in a row, there are reasons I'm an associate at the moment...
Lets see...as much as I complain I am excited about the fall, lots of new stuff to figure out, and new people to meet, as well as getting to see some of the youth who have been in hiding for most of the summer...it will be good to get regular programs started up again.
Baxter is doing well. Our cute little bundle of fur thinks that he enjoys 6:30 in the morning for his special one on one time with me, so he jumps up on my head, walks the entire length of my body and then snuggles up next to me, this is when he is at his snugglies, he will actually let me snuggle him, which is nice, minus the whole waking me up to accomplish this special time. And he is definitely itchy to go outside, he keeps getting past us when we enter the house, and then hides under my car so we can't reach him, all of this to be outside...and i would love to let him hang out in the sunshine, but he doesn't have front claws and i would rather him be safe than happy sometimes...
Ok what else, the house is good, we keep thinking of things we want to do that we just can't do at the moment, and then there is the list of things that will evetually have to be done which scare us a bit, you know like a new roof, a paint job (we have cedar siding which means scrapping and primer and then paint), we might have to replace our outdoor pipes, because they might be like some others in town which are made of terracota (ok no idea how to spell that, but the stuff plant pots are made out of) which crack and let roots in, but we aren't positive that's what we have but there is a really good chance of it...
Wow I am just rambling away with no point, but hey that's what's going on with us right now, not too much, just some random things...but there ya go...
1 comment:
rambling is good! :) And the fall will be good too!! :) HEctic - but it's going to be good and you'll do a great job!
Post a Comment