Tuesday, August 26, 2008

funny (sort of) story

So today was an adventure. I left for work at 1 and jay was suppose to be out the door right after me to run an errand or so and then get to the dentist at 1:30. At 1:42 I got a call from the dentist (at work) asking about Jay not showing up for his appointment. I assured them that he was on his way. At which point, I of course started calling his phone, well, as many of you are aware, Jay's phone has been acting up lately, losing battery and losing signal on a completely random schedule, thus making his phone unreliable. Today was of course no exception, I called his phone many many times only to have it ring twice and not go through.

So I waited 10 minutes just in case he was running late and I called the dentist back and asked if he had arrived, they told me no. So 9 and a half month pregnant Janice went a little crazy. I left work, went to check the house, no Jay, decided to drive the route to the dentist just to make sure, got all the way to the dentist office (still going a little crazy) and saw his car. Now they assured a pregnant Janice that they would call me and let me know he was ok, but no call. But seeing his car at least I knew he was ok. I went back home real quick and then headed back to work.

Then about 15 minutes after I knew he was at the dentist, they called me...and told me such a funny story...he had been there the whole time!!!!!!! He arrived right at 1:30 and was ushered back by the dental hygentist and was getting his teeth cleaned. The receptionist didn't see him come in, so why when I called them back they didn't actually check to see if he was there, I don't know, but there he sat in the dentist chair not knowing any of this was going on.

So when he was leaving they so nicely mentioned to him that his pregnant wife had called. Nothing else just that i had called. So now Jay gets to panic for a while. I mean hello, they called me!!!

So I am sure this will turn in to a funny story, but it just wasn't that funny today, or at least not yet. Needless to say, Jay has since taken his phone off of his number and is now using my old phone, hopefully this will at least enable calls to go through, because that just wasn't any fun.

But I hope someone out there got a little chuckle out of this, it definitely is funny from an outside perspective, i mean imagine a crazy pregnant lady driving around town looking for her husband who was sitting in the dentist chair the whole time...it definitely has potential...

2 comments:

Beth said...

That's an excellent story! :-)

Anna from Virginia said...

Too funny! I have had the same issues except not pregnant. Jason likes to leave his phone on "silent" making it impossible for me to reach him. He doesn't have a work phone as they do everything via internet. So I have gone a little crazy on a few nights going back on forth on whether he was in a ditch dying or just had his phone on silent. Also going back and forth on the conclusion of whether I would hug him in happiness when I saw him or beat the crap out of him for making me worry! Nothing is worse this day in age then not being able to get a hold of someone!