Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Janice's birthday


I must say, that I had a wonderful birthday. I think it will go down as one of the best ones ever. It was a rough couple of weeks before which made it feel even better. After the mission trip, we went to ny for grams funeral and then I came back in time to get ready for VBS which happens to be going on this week and is going pretty good, and in amongst all of that was my birthday this past Monday. I wasn't really excited or caring that much this year about my birthday, I just figured it was going to be another day. But I was wrong, it was great, and there are so many people to thank for that.

First of all, two friends from Philly decided it was the perfect time to come down and visit us, which meant four days of friends and craziness and no sleep, but it was great to have them around...pictures to come...and then I went in to work Monday morning and was totally surprised when the staff came into my office with presents and strawberry shortcake at 9:30 in the morning, it was such a surprise and really awesome, some came in just for that. And then the boys took jay and I out to lunch and then forced us to watch dumb and dumber, good times.

The three boys then went to hang out at the gorge and river side for the evening and I went to church for VBS, it was a good night, hot in the non air conditioned christian ed building, but a good night. I then went home to a wonderful present of a fire pit that the boys went out to get and put together for me. We had cake and a fire until the phantom thunderstorm arrived, what that means is that a couple of nights this week we have had lots of thunder and lightning surrounding us but no rain, which means it isn't necessarily safe to be outside, but no strong reason not to be except the fear of being hit by lightning. But it was fun sitting by the fire outside until we went in. And then a couple of people left and it was time to lose another pinochle game to steve and jay, mark and I just weren't un top of our game this week. It was a great day!

So all in all this whole birthday thing was great, lots of love from unexpected people and the usual forgetfulness of others, it all works! But thanks to everyone who made it a great day and the start of a wonderful year.

Picture time:

the boys learned how to do cat's craddles











steve paused a moment to take a picture with me, lucky me!









mark even gave an attempt at a smile...











the boys took some picutres of water falls for me while they were out and about climbing rocks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so glad you had a great day!! :)