So it is yet another Friday, this week however is lacking what other weeks have included, a Saturday off. It is sad when the week never ends and the next week begins without there being any noticeable break in the middle. Oh well, at least I had yesterday off.
Why did I decide to start this new blog? Well it seemed that everyone else is blogging on blogger so I thought i'd jump off the bridge too. I thought this would be a fun place to let people know what is going on with both Jay and I, I will still use my myspace blog as a place to vent and talk about things that I wouldn't want posted for everyone to read, but for everything else, this will be the place.
It has been a good week for both of us. I have been at work most days working on the final touches for the mission trip that is three weeks away, lots to do, and plan, but I think it will be fun. I also spent a lot of time working on summer plans for youth and starting to put some plans on the calendar for the campus ministry part of my job description. So bascially it was a major planning week, which always feels good because it actually feels like I accomplished something.
Jay has been hanging out at home playing a lot of music, he is definitely enjoying having the keyboards set up. Granted they had been set up in the apartment too, but he couldn't play them at the volume he wanted to. He is also starting to look at his schedule for the fall, and might start thinking about getting a job soon, maybe.
Other than that we have been talking about getting a new car, it is becoming a need instead of a want, so that is something that will probably happe in the very near future, especially with all of the traveling to Albany and Philadelphia we have to do. And on a similiar note, we went to the wonderful DMV yesterday in order to transfer our licenses, and well lets just say neither of us walked out of there with a new license. Jay went with his passport thinking that should work as a proof of citizenship and was told he needed a birth certificate which he doesn't have, and then i was told I needed my marriage certificate, so we went home and picked it up and went back, and then we were told it was a valid marriage certificate...at which point i went excuse me???? The nice lady actually tried to imply that we weren't validly married, which of course was unacceptable...but as it turns out, in the lovely state of Pennsylvania you actually have to request a certified copy of your marriage certificate, which I didn't need when I transfered my license to PA because they understood this idea that the certified license was good enough, but west virginia actually requires the certified certificate that i had no idea was even an option. So needless to say, no license. Oh well! It was a little frustrating, in fact i spent the afternoon crying, that lady really tried to tell me we weren't legally married because she thought that what i had was what i was suppose to mail in, when in reality that isn't true. Ewwww that's all i have to say about that.
So anyway, that was our week. We are very excited that some wonderful friends are coming in to town next weekend, that is soooooo exciting I can't wait to see them and spend a nice long weekend with good friends. So that will give me something to look forward to and to help make next week feel like it will never end.
So that's it for now, check back often, you never know when one of us will add something new...
No comments:
Post a Comment